Thursday, January 14, 2010

5 Days In


After pitching an article series to a website I received the go ahead to take on a self imposed challenge of becoming a vegan for 21 days. Being a vegan means eating no meat, no animal products, no milk or milk products. Lots of the things I love such as steak, eggs, and cheese are out. I am on day 5 have suffered no ill effects of jumping into this challenge.

The hardest part- No cheese! Everything taste better with cheese!

My old man has been helping me with the challenge and we have been getting our kids to try new dishes. So far we have found that the little one hates eggplant and the big one absolutely loves it. I enjoyed the way my guy made it. Since eggs were not allowed to bind the breading we used Italian dressing. It turned out delicious.

Today's lunch was even better though. My guy, who happens to like the kitchen, made me lunch. It was toasted rye bread with a leaf of iceberg lettuce on each slice so it lay like an open faced sandwich. Then he mixed diced tomato and fresh baby spinach with a little bit of Italian dressing. He then layered thin sliced cucumbers on the lettuce and two spoonfuls of the mixed tomato and spinach. Last he put diced avocado on each piece. Tasty!

1 comment: